Special Instructions for
Outside Rooting Beds
- Plant bulbs between the end of October and end of November.
- Use a good well balanced growing mix. (see other sheets)
- Place rooting bed in a well drained area.
- Place rooting bed in an open area or field. Not in between greenhouses due to the fact that the sun reflects heat onto the rooting bed.
- Water all pots before placing winter cover over top.
- Cover pots with 2-3 inches of sand.
- Cover sand layer with 3-4 inches of straw salt hay immediately after planting. This is the winter cover.
- Remove winter cover (weather permitting) in February. Call for details before removing.
Download Additional Information